Prophet Muhammad ﷺ recited Surah Al Fatihah (the opening) while saying to one of His companions that he would teach him the greatest chapter in the Noble Quran. Surah Al-Fatihah is also known as the Mother of The Holy Quran and the pillar of the prayer.
Virtues of Surah Al Fatihah (The Opening)
Surah Al Fatihah is the opening chapter of The Noble Quran which consists of seven verses. The first verse is all praise to ALLAH Jalla Jalaaluhoo. The last three verses are a prayer on man which ALLAH Subhanahu Wata ‘Ala has his infinite mercy. The verses in between feature both aspects of praise and prayer. You will love to read→ What is Alhamdulillah?
1. In the Name of ALLAH, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
2. All the praises and thanks be to ALLAH, the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn, and all that exists.
3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
4. The Only Owner (and the only ruling judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. The Day of Resurrection)
5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)
6. Guide us to the Straight Way
7. The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (i.e. those who knew the Truth, but did not follow it) nor of those who went astray (i.e. those who did not follow the Truth out of ignorance and error)
There Are 7 Amazing Virtues of this Ayah
- Surah Al Fatihah is the greatest chapter in the Quran. Reciting Surah Al Fatihah is like having a conversation with the almighty. Sahih Muslim records on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (R) who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said “ALLAH, the Glorious and Exalted said, “I have divided the prayer between Myself and my servant equally and My servant shall be granted what he asked for”. Therefore, when the servant says, “All praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds’ ALLAH says, My servant has praised Me. When he says, ‘The All-Merciful, the Most Merciful, ‘ALLAH says, ‘My servant has extolled Me.
You will love to read→ Dua For Child Not Eating Food
‘When he says, Master of the Day of Judgment, ‘ALLAH says, ‘My servant has glorified Me. ‘When he says, ‘You Alone we worship and Your aid Alone do we seek,’ ALLAH says, ‘this is between Me and My servant and My servant shall have what he requested. ‘When he says, ‘Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have favored, not (the path) of those who have earned (Your) anger, nor of those who have gone astray, ‘ALLAH says, ‘this is for My servant and My servant shall have what he asked for.”
Surah Al Fatihah is the pillar of prayer. One who does not recite Surat Al Fatihah in his prayer, his prayer is invalid. The Prophet ﷺ said; “Whoever does not recite Surat Al Fatihah in his prayer, his prayer is invalid”
Saheeh Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith No. 723
Surah Al Fatihah is the mother of the Quran. The chapter has many other names including; ‘Al Fatihah (the opening), Umm al-Kitab (Mother of the book), Sab’ul Mathani (The seven Oft repeated verses), Al-Hamd (Praises to Allah), and As-Salah (The Prayer).
- A cure for all diseases. It is also named Ar-Ruqya. A companion once recited Surah Al Fatihah over a scorpion bite, to which the prophet (saws) commanded him saying “How did you know it was a Ruqyah (cure)?
Saheeh Al Bukhari
Sent from heaven as a light. Surah Al Fatihah and the concluding (two) verses of Surah Al-Baqarah. You will never recite a word from them without being given the blessings they contain.
You will love to read→ Last 3 Ayat of Surah Al-Hashr
Seven often repeated verses recited in every unit of prayer. It is also named so because Surah Al Fatihah’s seven verses are regularly recited at the start of each rakaah of prayer.
- A cure for the heart. Surah Al Fatihah contains a supplication for protection from misguidance and from the anger of ALLAH. This thus protects the heart from corrupt knowledge and evil intentions. The hidden cure to both these illnesses is also found in the verse “You (Oh ALLAH) we worship and from you do we seek help”
If you loved this post please do not forget to share it with your loved ones and earn rewards.
Join ya ALLAH Community!
Subscribe YouTube Channel→ yaALLAH Website Official
Instagram par Follow Kijiye→ instagram.com/yaALLAH.in